Did you know that your baby will spend up to 70-80% of their first year sleeping?
That is a substantial part of their day snoozing on their mattress, so it needs to be ergonomic and safe.
The design of the Sova Cot Mattress supports safe sleeping with its breathable cover, breathable firm breathe eze fibre inner pad which complies with AS/NZS 8811.1: 2013 – Mattress / Sleep Surface Test for firmness.
The mattresses are also connected to ensure a firm even fit and are independently tested with the Sova Cot by Furntech/AFRIDI. The heat-bonded fibre pad is anti-allergenic, dust mite resistant and very hygienic as it is fully full machine washable so no more spot cleaning.
The Sova Cot Mattress is also thick and luxurious so it provides optimal ergonomic support for your baby’s delicate muscular-skeletal system.
What is Breathe Eze Padding and Wadding?
All babyhood padding and wadding is made using heat bonded polyester fibre. Polyester fibre is a great form of padding and provides a firm and elastic sleeping surface for your baby.
Did you know that over 12% of the population suffer from asthma and 40% from allergies, the babyhood Breathe EzeTM Mattress Range is a breath of fresh air for your newborn baby.
Our breathe eze fibre is made from polyester which is a non-toxic, non-harmful and low VOC product. Polyester fibres are strong and the size of our fibres are large, so they are non respirable and therefore prevent airborne fibre occurrence. This limits any chance of becoming a potential airborne pollutant and is therefore much better for your baby.
The breathe eze fibre is not only breathable for your baby but dust mite and allergy-resistant and anti-microbial also, which is so essential for your precious baby’s growing body.
There is no foam in our breathe eze fibre mattresses. We do not use foam in our breathe eze mattresses because we believe it is toxic for your baby as it omits fumes which may impact on your baby’s respiratory system. We also do not use foam as it is highly combustible and often requires the addition of formaldehyde and fire retardants. There are no fire retardants or formaldehyde in our mattresses as our breathe eze fibre is inherently flame retardant and does not flare up like other textiles.
Why do we not use Coir or Coconut Husks in our mattress?
The current trend in mattresses, is to fill them with Coir or Coconut Husks. Whilst this sounds nice and natural, we believe there are too many problems associated with these mattress fillings which makes them unsafe for your precious baby:
1. Hygiene Issues. Coir mattresses tend to retain moisture, dust and allergens that can reduce the hygiene of the mattress and attract dust mites and insects. When these pests breed in a mattress not only is it dirty but it can lead to off-gassing. The coir also can attract body odour and sweat and as we know our little bubs do sweat a lot, especially in their heads. If you live in a humid climate, which is most of Australia, these issues are exacerbated as fungus and algae infest in the coconut husk mattresses, more readily.
2. Not Supportive. Coir is not uniform and when packed in a mattress can leave unevenness through the mattress, which is not safe for your delicate baby’s growing body.
3. Not Durable. Coir mattresses compress easily and lose their shape. Unlike fibre they cannot be reshaped, with washing and so they become uneven and are not supportive for your baby’s growing body.
4. Cheap Waste By-Product. Coir is often used by manufacturers because it is waste of the coconut fibre, which is abundant and cheap but necessarily best for your baby.
Why heat bonding?
We use thermally bonded fibre as this process utilizes less chemicals and reduces your baby’s exposure to harsh chemicals used in other chemical and petroleum methods of bonding. So there are no binders, adhesives or blowing agents that may have significant health impacts over time.
• Versatile with 3 individual segments
• Secure with velcro securing each segment for optimal fit
• Optimal airflow for baby with breathable mesh cover and breathable inner pad
• Safer as anti-allergenic and dust mite resistant
• Hygienic with machine washable with zip-off covers
• Hygienic with machine washable breathe eze inner pad
• Optimal ergonomic support with a firmer and thicker mattress
• Safer as tested with the Sova Cot by Furntech AFRDI
• Firmer as it supports safe sleeping as it complies with AS/NZS 8811.1 : 2013 – Mattress / Sleep Surface Test for firmness
|Mattress Size||1250mm x 700mm x 100mm|
|Package Size||126cm x 71cm x 11cm|
|Fabric Type||Cotton Fabric|
|Cover Style||Zip Off Cover|
|Standards||Complies to Australian Standard AS/NZS 8811-1:2013 – Sleep Surface Test For Firmness|
|Product Care||Cold gentle machine wash in a delicate bag.
Do not dry clean.
Do not tumble dry.
Dry mattress pad in a dry shady area.
Rotate your mattress regularly (once per week), especially where your child sleeps in the same position.
At least once per month, we recommend that your mattress is aerated in the sun, on a warm sunny day.
Lay the mattress on a flat clean surface and rotate through the day. This helps to ensure your mattress stays aerated and firm.
Humid weather and perspiration will cause your mattress to compress more easily.
To alleviate this you can wash your mattress with cold water and dry it completely in the sun or use a hairdryer to aerate your mattress (warm air).
For further information see your product care label.
|Product Warranty||Click Here|